The USCIS has been busy lately. Policy memo updates, RFE issuance, and now premium processing suspension. This suspension had already been in effect for H-1B Cap (lottery) cases, and they are now expanding this to other H-1B types. Here are a few highlights of the entire message which you may read HERE.
• Cap Exempt entities are NOT affected by this suspension.
• H-1B extension petitions with NO changes from the previous petition are NOT affected by this suspension.
• Suspension goes into effect as of Sept 11th; petitions received by USCIS on Sept 10th or earlier can still request premium processing.
• This will affect H-1B transfer petitions, these cannot be premium processed.
• Estimated end of the suspension is until Feb 19th 2019, but that is not certain.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us @ 800-437-7313